It looks to me like:
- Check the box in the preferences to “load remote content privately”
- Unchecking the box means “do not load remote content privately”
- The warning says “preferences prevent content from loading privately”
- If the box is unchecked, it “does not load remote content privately” and this is consistent with the warning message “preferences prevent content from loading privately”
My conclusion is that:
- If you want it to “Load remote content privately”, check the box
- If you don’t want it to “load remote content privately”, leave the box unchecked, and the warning will tell you that it “cannot load remote content privately”.
That said, I don’t know this “private remote content loading” stuff at all, or how it works, or why it’s there, or etc. It just seems that the warning is indeed consistent with the preference setting.
I can’t say that I’ve ever seen a “Load content directly” pop up in my window. It looks like my preferences are set to:
- protect email activity: unchecked
- hide ip: checked
- block all delete content: checked
I guess having “block all delete content” checked is what never prompted me to “Load content directly”.