- You can make the Mail app load faster on your iPhone by removing preview lines when emails appear in your inbox.
- Usually, Apple’s Mail app shows a few lines of preview text before opening the email, but you can change these settings as you wish.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Holidays mean stuffed bellies and bottoms.
But they also mean inboxes full of
offers, shipping confirmations for gifts, and holiday RSVPs.
This highlights one of the most frustrating aspects of checking email on an iPhone’s Mail app — your messages don’t always load very quickly into your inbox.
That is, unless you implement a setting change for your Mail app to prioritize new messages you have, rather than sending it piles of preview text and bogging down the uptime buffer to refresh your inbox.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (from $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to make the Mail app faster on your iPhone
Here’s how to streamline your iPhone’s mail service so it loads messages faster, in just a few simple steps:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down to the “Mail” page. Press it.
3. Under “Message list” is a setting for “Preview”. Open it.
4. Select nothing.” If you prefer to be able to get the gist of a message without opening it at all, you can also set multiple lines of preview text, but the more lines you set, the longer it will take to load.
Now that you’ll only see recipients and subject lines in your inbox, your iPhone won’t take long to load new messages.