This tutorial is about How to prevent Mail app from opening randomly on Mac. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Prevent Mail App from Opening Randomly on Mac. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Prevent Mail App from Opening Randomly on Mac
Currently, there are a few factors that can cause this problem, especially at the product level. It could be an inaccurate layout on your Mac, a problem with the external email account, or a product misfire. Whatever the reason, there is always a solution to a specific problem. Otherwise, a short solution can be applied until a super long lasting solution is applied.
In this help, we will together examine the possible explanations for this and offer reasonable fixes for it. Ideally, before the end of this help, you really want to fix your mail app arbitrarily opening in Mojave.
Apple’s Mac OS X operating system comes with the Apple Mail client included with the system. Apple Mail client is considered as a common email client. This means you can connect to POP3 and IMAP mail servers to send and retrieve messages from an email account. The Apple Mail client, like most different applications on a Mac OS X system, is likely to start accordingly when the PC boots. This can be messed up by the Finder.
How to fix macOS 10.15 mail app opens randomly.
- Currently, there is no silver bullet that works for everyone. However, some solutions have worked for some users depending on the root cause of the problem.
- If you are wondering “How can I stop Mail from showing up on Mac OS 10.15?”, the first thing to do is to check if the Mail app is the root cause of the problem. The first two methods we recommend fix the problem if the messaging app is the root cause. But if the problem lies elsewhere, you may need to try other methods.
- How to prevent Apple Mail from opening on macOS 10.15? Here is a summary of the different solutions you can try.
Change email preference settings
This method ensures that your email has not been configured to show split screen notifications.
- Go to “Mail > Preferences” or open Mail then press the hotkey (Command +).
- Uncheck the “Prefer to open messages in full-screen split view” option.
Delete Corrupt Mail Files
If the Mac OS 10.15 mail application opens randomly, it may be due to a corrupt mail configuration file. You may need to delete all your email configuration files to get rid of corrupted ones.
- Quit the Mail application then launch the Finder and enter the path: “~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail”.
- Put the com.apple.mail folder in the trash
- Now reopen Mail and then configure your settings again.
- If this creates another problem, you can always reverse this step to restore the settings or restore them to the original state.
- And if the original problem persists, try repeating the process, but this time deleting the com.apple.MailServiceAgent folder in step 2.
Change notification settings
How to prevent mail from appearing in macOS 10.15? You can also try deleting the Mail app from your notification center.
- Open System Preferences, then select Notifications
- In “Notification Center”, remove the Apple Mail icon by unchecking the “Show in Notification Center” box next to it.
Change email notification settings in Google Calendar
Google Calendar could be the cause of this problem. To prevent Google Calendar from sending email notifications,
- Open https://calendar.google.com and sign in to your account.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner, then click “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- In the next window, open the “General” tab, then go to “Event Settings”.
- Then click on “Notifications”, in the drop-down menu, turn off the “Desktop notifications” switch.
Turn off Power Nap notification
- Another culprit behind the incessant email notifications could be the Power Nap feature. Power Nap lets your Mac perform certain functions in sleep mode, including new message alerts, invitations, and calendar updates.
- To disable email notifications from the Power Nap feature,
- Open System Preferences, then select “Power Saving”.
- Disable Power Nap by unchecking the “Enable Power Nap” option.
- For laptops, click the Battery tab after step 1, then uncheck the boxes for “Enable power nap on battery” and “Enable power nap when plugged into an AC adapter”.
Close or minimize the messaging window
- If none of these methods work, you don’t have to despair. You can learn to live with the problem until you find a lasting solution. But that doesn’t mean you have to put up with distractions. You can make email notifications go unnoticed.
- You can close the Mail window by clicking the red “X” button in the upper right corner of the screen, so that the Mail app continues to run in the dock without a viewer window open. This can significantly reduce the display speed of the messaging window.
- Alternatively, you can minimize the main window by clicking the “-” button in the upper right corner of the screen. With this configuration, the intrusive messaging window will only appear in a small, unobtrusive window.
Final Words: How to Prevent Mail App from Opening Randomly on Mac
Hope you understand this article How to Prevent Mail App from Opening Randomly on Mac, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.