What do you want to know
- Microsoft Viva Goals is now generally available.
- Viva Goals is a management solution that integrates with Microsoft Viva.
- People can use Viva Goals to track goals and key results.
Microsoft Viva Goals is now generally available. It is a management solution that supports the Objectives and Key Results (OKR) framework that is popular in several large companies. In other words, it’s a tool for tracking goals and progress.
Viva Goals integrates with Microsoft Viva, allowing organizations to track individual and team progress in a single hub. It is designed in such a way as to facilitate the association of daily tasks with long-term goals.
Microsoft described how Viva Goals works in their Tech Community post (opens in a new tab) announcing general availability:
- Create clarity: With a centralized source of truth for setting goals, tracking progress, and evaluating success in your organization, you create clarity for your team, connect daily work to results, and align with all levels
- Focus teams on impact, not output: Go from effort and activity to impact and results, share progress across your organization with customizable dashboards that turn data into insights and stay agile
- Integrate goals into the daily workflow: Keep your goals in mind by bringing data and actions to the spaces your team already uses, like Microsoft Teams, ADO, and popular data and project management tools.
People can share progress to keep others informed as well. Viva Goals supports shareable links for various items.
There are two SKUs that include Viva Goals: Microsoft Viva Goals SKU and Microsoft Viva SKU. To use the Viva Goals app in Teams, one of the following licenses is required: Microsoft 365 F1, F3, E3, A3, E5, A5; Office 365 F3, E1, A1, E3, A3, E5, A5; Microsoft 365 Enterprise Basic, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Premium; or a Microsoft SharePoint K, Plan 1 or Plan 2 license.