Apple’s Mail app makes it easy to save important emails as PDF files for safe keeping on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how.
Some emails deserve to be saved locally on your device in PDF format because of their importance. And it’s easy to do on an iPhone or iPad, thanks to the Stock Mail app.
Want to see how to save emails to local storage on your iPhone or iPad? Here’s how.
How to Save Emails as PDF Using Mail App
While the Gmail app also has a way to accomplish this, here are the steps to follow if you prefer to stick with the stock Mail app on your iPhone or iPad.
Open the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad, then follow these steps:
- Go to the email you want to print.
- Press the response to the lower right corner (to the left of the Edit icon).
- In the panel, select Impression.
- Optional: Customize document options. For example, you can use Vary to choose specific pages of the email, select a paper sizeincrease the number of copies or modify the PDF Orientation.
- Then press Impression in the upper right corner.
- To select Save to files.
- Then choose a destination directory. You can select iCloud Drive Where Google Drive (if available) to push your PDF to the cloud. Or you can press On my iPhone to save it locally.
- Faucet to safeguard in the upper right corner to save the email as a PDF.
That’s it. Now you can check the directory you selected earlier to view the saved email in PDF format. The easiest way to do this is to use the Files app.
Emails aren’t the only content you can save as PDFs either, you can also export notes as PDFs or export photos as PDFs for better preservation if you need them.
Easily refer to important emails
Saving an email to your phone’s local storage allows you to easily access and share it. Saving email as a PDF is especially useful if you plan to share it, because you don’t always want to forward the entire email to a recipient, allowing them to reply to the chain. Plus, you’ll never have to go to your Mail app to search for an email if you’ve already downloaded it. You might want to do the same for important text messages.
Need to save a copy of some text messages for later? Use one of these methods to do so.
About the Author