The role: A position is available requiring qualified and experienced server support [URL Removed] the main focus will be on server environments related to Microsoft and Linux.
- Performance monitoring, reporting, and server environment tuning
- Design, installation and maintenance of servers and client environments according to best practices
- Ensure systems are secure and perform all relevant patches, patches and upgrades
- Providing support and assistance to the server team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of client solutions
- Implement appropriate solutions to achieve 100% availability
- Provide other Microsoft Server and Linux administrators with technical support and guidance
- Perform regular internal/external and PCI audits of systems
- Manage calls in terms of escalated call times Communicate internal and external call status
- Conduct research on technology, new technologies, optimization and alternative technologies
- Ongoing investigation of best practice application and environment improvements
- Adhere to change management processes
- Ensure compliance with processes and procedures
- Escalate any issues with data or delays in projects to the appropriate management as necessary
- Respond to business support requests
- Help the company compile proposals for new systems and services
- Understand the information needs, business objectives and market sectors in which Emid operates
- Ensure appropriate communications/updates are provided to internal and external clients on the status of ongoing project work
- Creating and executing the allocated project task
Skills and experience: Essential diploma:
- MCSE MCTIP: Business Administrator or B.Sc. in Computer Science.
- Project management skills and ability to work without micromanagement by superiors
- Knowledge of SAM and VMware Vcenter 5.5/6.0/6.7.
- An understanding of networking that includes LAN/WAN topology, DHCP, and DNS
- Security and access control on VMware servers and environment.
- MS system support and Microsoft application administration.
- Administration of HPE 3PAR storeserv and HP Storeonce. Other beneficial SAN storage
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience in setting up public cloud servers in Azure and AWS advantageous.
- Minimum of six years of experience in Microsoft server products and applications, design, installation, configuration, administration and support.
- Solid experience in planning and deploying MS Active Directory with MS Exchange and upgrading from previous versions as well as Office 365 email setups.
- Solid experience implementing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows technologies including Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory, Exchange, WSUS, DFS, and WINS.
- Solid experience on VMware platform installations, configuration and maintenance of Vcenter.
- High availability and DRS configurations ensuring a 24/7 uptime environment
- Experience designing, configuring and maintaining server hardware required.
- Ability to ??extract? user requirements
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- Team work ?? Easily shares knowledge and engages in discussions and processes, contributing to team goals.
- Displays a willingness to learn and adjust viewpoints for the good of the team, and the impact this has on team performance and delivery, takes team responsibility, demonstrates a personal commitment to the team
- Customer service ?? Put yourself in the customer’s shoes
- Going the extra mile and meeting and managing expectations
- Provide results?? Takes actions that go beyond job requirements to meet customer expectations and achieve goals.
- Responds quickly, instills a sense of urgency and motivation to provide superior service and delivery in terms of responsiveness, efficiency and turnover?? around the times
- Problem solving ?? Solves problems in the context of his/her immediate environment by focusing on details and recommending a context-specific solution
Personality and Attributes:
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship skills.
- Autonomous with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Emphasize the ability to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus between business and technical constituents
- Identifies issues and opportunities and is able to respond appropriately to available information
- Chooses the appropriate action under defined circumstances.
- Generates alternatives, thinks before acting and is able to identify multiple options and ways of doing things.
- Emotional intelligence ?? The ability to use your emotions to get you to take positive action
- Continue to pursue your goals with perseverance, even in the face of adversity or significant difficulty.
- Structured approach to problem solving
Find out more/Apply to this position